For 2017-18 we are recruiting for the following secondary subjects:
Science (Chemistry, Physics and Biology)
The course content and structure follows the same pattern as described in OUR PROGRAMME and includes Subject Pedagogy Days delivered by a Lead Subject Mentor, which will include training on how to teach your subject specifically and support for your subject knowledge development.
We require a relevant degree subject for our programme, but entry requirement variations for these subjects include:
Mathematics – we welcome applications from related degree subjects, such as Economics, Accountancy, Finance and Business. It may be that Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) will be required.
Science – we welcome applications from relevant degree subjects related to Chemistry, Physics and Biology. Subject Knowledge Enhancement (SKE) may be recommended or required for degrees with less relevant content.
Ripley Teaching School Alliance
Paid STEM Internships
Are you in your second year at university studying a STEM subject?
Your country needs you! We need top graduates to improve the quality of teaching of STEM subjects in schools, to inspire more children to study these subjects at university and go on to have STEM related careers.
Interested? Undertake a 4 week internship in an outstanding secondary school and be paid £300 per week! The programme will include:
• A special project relating to STEM teaching in secondary schools
• Lesson observations and teaching experience
• A professional development programme to give you a flavour of teaching in secondary schools
• Support beyond the programme for anyone wanting to apply for a PGCE programme
Please visit our website and contact us for more details:
- "This programme has enabled me to work in two 'outstanding' departments and learn from the very best practitioners. I have benefited from a great deal of in-school experience which has provided the best preparation possible for life as a qualified teacher."